If you’re looking for a non-invasive way to restore lost volume in your face, injectable fillers may be the best choice for you. Known as a “liquid facelift,” injectable fillers are an anti-aging treatment that can reduce the bags under your eyes, reduce the appearance of fine lines around your mouth, and restore the youthful, full look of your cheeks.
At Love Your Body Medical Spa, we provide a comprehensive treatment plan formulated for your unique skin care needs. We offer a wide variety of injectable fillers that are designed for different results and situations, so we can find the option that’s appropriate for you.
What Can Injectable Fillers be Used for?
Injectable fillers are an anti-aging solution that can be used to restore a youthful appearance to your cheeks, forehead, neck, eyes, or lips.
The injectable filler you choose will depend on the skin location and desired results. This is why you always want to consult a professional medical spa for your injectable filler. We have extensive experience in administering injectable fillers to a variety of skin types, so we can help you determine the right filler for you.
There are many ways to boost your results and make them last longer, however. So, let’s take a look at these pre- and post-filler tips that will get the most out of your treatment.
- Plan for your treatment: You may bruise from your injectable filler. This can range from 7 to 10 days, and sometimes longer, so plan your treatment at least a month prior to any special event.
- Avoid blood thinners: Medications and supplements that thin your blood, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, gingko biloba, ginseng, and fish oil, may increase your risk of bruising. Avoid these medications prior to getting injectables, unless you need them for medical reasons. If that’s the case, check with your doctor and be sure to let your medical spa professional know.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least hours after your injections.
- Massage the treated area gently.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apply cold compresses to decreasing swelling and bruising, but be sure to do so sparingly.
- Use concealer to camouflage the discoloration or bruising during recovery.
- Take Arnica Montana, an herbal supplement that helps to reduce swelling and bruising. This can be found at most pharmacies or holistic health stores.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid hot yoga or inversion poses for 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid excessive sunlight or heat until the redness and swelling are gone.
Get Your Youthful Glow at Love Your Body Medical Spa
These tips will help you get the best results and the shortest recovery time for your injectable fillers, but it’s still important to consult with a reputable medical spa, such as Love Your Body Medical Spa. We have expert medical spa professionals with years of experience administering injectables, so you know you’re in good hands.
Schedule your appointment online or plan a consultation to get started with your anti-aging skin care treatment plan today!